Application materials need to be submitted:
- Abstract of your research presentation
- Signed Domestic or International Wavier
- Recommendation letter
- Confirmation from Conference or Meeting stating your abstract has been accepted
- Statement of purpose
The Glynn Family Honors Program proudly supports a variety of undergraduate research initiatives. Students are eligible to receive up to $4,500 in different grants over the course of their study. While priority is given to students working on thesis research, we encourage students to apply for grants that open up new opportunities or lead to externally-funded grants later.
- Research and Travel Grant (up to $4,500)
- Conferences and Professional Development Grants (up to $1,500)
- Materials Grant (up to $1,500)
Along with the completed application form, students must submit the following:
- Proposal Narrative: a pdf of no more than 4 pages with the following sections: (1) Your previous research experiences, (2) Research proposal (project background, description of proposed summer research and its significance, and its relevance to future thesis plans), (3) Career Plans (explanation of how this research experience fits into your career plans, both immediate and long-term).
- Conference Materials (for students presenting at conferences)
- Advisor Approval Letter (available on Submittable application)
- Budget (available on Submittable application)
- IRB Approval (if necessary)
- Waiver for domestic and/or international travel (available on Submittable application)
- At present, applications for international travel should be submitted 6-8 weeks prior to departure. If a student needs to depart sooner, please reach out to one of the Glynn directors or Dr. Snyder.
- Students must register trips with ND International before funds will be dispersed.
- All grant recipients must complete a post-Grant Report and provide a thank you letter to the Glynn family for supporting their research.
- Grant recipients are expected to take photos of their research experience and submit them along with the post-Grant Report. Guidelines for photos and the post-Grant Report will be sent along with the acceptance letter.
- Research and Travel Grants for summer research: March 10
- All other grants: rolling basis